Content Manager / Assistant Video Editor
Do you fancy working with a fun, lively bunch of creatives? Want to work around your current commitments by spending your time going through some of the most exciting, jaw-dropping video content out there? Want to hone your video editing skills, taking them from good to great? Then come join us at Heehaw!
We are looking for someone to join us at our expanding Edinburgh studio on a part time, short-term contract. As a Content Manager / Assistant Editor you will work closely with both the production and post-production teams across a range of exciting projects. You will be responsible for managing footage at various stages throughout the production process, including tracking archive content, monitoring legal and quality checks, through to assisting editor’s set-up edits, finding that perfect music track or additional content all the way through to final exports.
We are a team of friendly, creative professionals, and while we take our work seriously, we don’t think of ourselves in the same way. This job doesn’t just come with responsibilities, it comes with great perks including fun nights out and an inspiring and supportive work environment, plus get invaluable experience working with some great global brands in a busy video production company.
- Salary £17,000 pro rata
- 3 days per week
- 3-month contract with extension options
All in all, you’ll be a key link in taking archive video content from A to Z – from finding usable footage, through to a completed, polished video. Here’s a little bit about what that process, and your responsibilities along the way, will look like:
- Researching useable video content across the board (The client’s content is awesome – You actually get paid to watch fun videos!)
- Tracking legal and quality checks of the videos and working with external production partners
- Ordering and organising content to meet deadlines
- Setting-up edits for the post-production team
- Liaise with production team and editors on content
- Sourcing some awesome music tracks from the audio library
- Assisting with the final export of final videos
- Assisting with Post-Production delivery paperwork
- Working on cut down edits for social media
Well organised and able to multi-task across various projects
- Be a great communicator and make sure you can get your messages across both verbally and with spoken word
- Flexibility, versatility and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Creativity when dealing with problems
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Premier and Media Encoder
- Knowledge of post-production workflows, including video codecs, transcoding, encoding, frame rates, audio stems
If you think you would be a great fit, then please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, explaining why you feel this would be a perfect role to suit you and what you can bring to the team.